A.more festival in Anapa, Russia
May 14-23, 2021
Anapa is a town in Krasnodar region in the heart of the main wine region in Russia, located on the northern coast of the Black Sea.
Napa is the most famous wine region in the US, located in California.
In Russian language “more” means “sea”. The concept of the festival is a sea of wine, movies and love.
The festival will include fairs, concerts, wine and food master classes, wine tastings, wine tours to the local wineries in Krasnodar region, presentation of the Russian Wine Guide and many other activities.
As a part of the festival an online wine tasting on two continents will take place, where US winemakers will taste Russian wines in Napa, California and Russian winemakers will taste US wines in Anapa, Krasnodar.
Prior the tasting the participants will watch a documentary “André – The Voice of Wine” by Mark Tchelistcheff.
The idea behind this international wine tasting is to promote friendship between US and Russian winemakers and share knowledge and experience, based on the story of Andre Tchelistcheff’s life as the Russian immigrant who became the Dean of American Winemaking.
1901, Russia — 1994, USA
André Tchelistcheff— was America's most influential post-Prohibition winemaker.
Tchelistcheff is most notable for his contributions toward defining the style of California's best wines.
Date: May 21, 2021
Time: 6 pm Anapa (8 am Napa, 5 pm Berlin – Mark Tchelistcheff will present the movie and moderate the tasting from Germany, where he lives)
Moderator: Mark Tchelistcheff
Interpreter: Marina Borsalina
Location in the USA: Silver Oak Winery, Napa, California
Location in Russia: Brookwin Wine Bar, Anapa, Krasnodar
– Eduard Dolgin, Vysokiy Bereg
– Eduard Aleksandrov, Gai-Kodzor, owner
– Alexander Kislitsin, Shumrinka, winery owner
– Gennady Oparin, Wine Valley, winemaker
– Michael Nikolaev, Lefkadia, winery owner
– Marina Burnier, Domaines Burnier, winery owner
– Artur Sarkisyan, author of the Russian Wine Guide
– Michael Silacci, Opus One, winemaker
– Ivo Jeramz, Grgich, winemaker
– David Duncan, Silver Oak
– Rob Davis, Jordan, winemaker
– Greg La Follette, Alquimista Cellars, winemaker
– Joel Aiken, Beaulieu Vineyards, Amici Cellars, Aiken Wine Consulting, Provenance, Acacia, Glen Ellen, winemaker
– David Amadia, Ridge Vineyards
– Gavin Chanin, Chinan Wines, winemaker